Out Patient Department
• Advance Cardiac life support for patients of sudden cardiac arrest & cardio-respiratory arrest is done in the casualty.
• Patients in state of shock syndrome (cardiogenic, hypovolemic, neurogenic ) are manage in the casualty by IV fluids/Ionotropic agents & then the patients are shifted to ICU.
• All Patients of emergency management like acute coronary syndrome, acute respiratory distress syndrome, acute kidney injury, acute head injury, cervical cord injury, acute abdomen, GBS, Thrombotic stroke, intracerebral bleed, acute raised hypertension are attended in the casualty & then the Patients are shifted to the ICU.
• All patients of poisoning/snake bite/ burn/ all vehicular, factory or other unnatural accidents / anaphylaxis/ allergic reaction are managed in the casualty & then shifted to the ICU or the respective wards.
• The unconscious patient is managed in the casualty. Hypoglycemia, hypoxia, electrolyte imbalance are treated in the casualty. Differentials are noted and then patients are shifted to the ICU.
• Patients of minor injuries, minor ailments & Patients coming for blood investigations, X-rays, CT-Scan and MRI are treated in the casualty on OPD basis.
• Ten beds are kept in Isolation ward with facilities of monitor, ventilator, O2, SPO2 for the patients of Sine Flue Viral influenza A and other infectious diseases.
Operation Theater Complex
OT Complex comprise of 07 operation theatres functioning 24 hrs.
The details of infrastructure are as follows-
Total number of O.T. = 07
Pre-operative room with a capacity of = 10 beds
Recovery room with a capacity of = 10 beds
A) Emergency Handling in ICU:-
1) Advance cardiac life support (BLS, ALS) for patients of sudden cardiac arrest & cardio-respiratory arrest is done in ICU.
2) Reversible causes of sudden cardiac arrest like Acute coronary syndrome, Acute pulmonary embolism pulmonary HTN, Hypovalenia, Xypoxia, Acid-base imbalance, Tentionpneumotherax, toxins, electrolyte imbalance, vascular disorder, cardiac tempodade etc. are treated & managed aggressively.
3) Facility available for immediate Thrombolysis for acute STEMI & Acute Non-Hemorrhagic stroke confirmed by CT scan brain, if the patient comes within 4 hrs. of stroke symptoms.
4) Emergencies like acute Respiratory distress, Acute COPD, Acute abdomen, Thrombotic / hemorrhagic stroke, Acute Sepsis, Electrical Shock, Meningitis, Snake bite, Drowning, Anaphylaxis, Poisoning etc. are managed & treated in ICU.
B) Machines & Instruments in ICU.
1) Ventilator for life support -> a) Invasive
b) Noninvasive (Portable BiPAP< Mask).
2) Defibrillator for shock synchronizing shock.
3) ECG Machine.
4) Suction done by :- a) Central Suction
b) Portable Suction / Electrical Suction.
C) Foot suction
5) Oxygen given by a) Central O2
b) Portable O2 O2 Concentrator.
O2 Cylinder <= Benz Circuit
6) Central Medical Air
9) Emergency trolley with code Blue / Crash cart trolley.
10) EtcO2 monitoring Kit.
11) CVP/ ABP Monitoring Kit.
12) Intracuff Pressure monitoring machine.
13) Endotrachial Intubation Kit. <= Laryngoscope.
14) ICD trocher with Kit.
1) Tracheostomy Kit.
2) In ICU different- different Airway use according to necessity of patients:->
a) Endotrachical tube.
b) Combitube ( Multilumen esophageal tube)
c) Larygeal tube with two lumen.
d) Oral Airway
e) Nasal Airway
f) NRBM (Non-Rebreathable Mask)
g) RBM (Re-breatheable Mask)
h) Venturi - Mask for COPD pt.
i) Nasal Prone.
j) Hudson Mask.
c) Procedure Instrument tray :- Many procedure done in ICU, following are list of procedure instrument tray of ICU.
1) Central line tray. Formal line insertion done.
ITV insertion done
2) Tracheotomy tray.
3) Clinical tray.
4) Lumber Puncture tray.
5) Pleaural aspiration tray.
6) Bone – Biopsy tray / Bone Aspiration / Intra-osseous tray
7) Liver – Biopsy tray.
8) Ascitic – trapping tray.
9) Suprapubic – Puncture tray.
10) P.V. Exam tray.
11) P. R. Exam tray.
12) Enema Tray.
13) ICD tray.
14) General tray.
15) Venesection tray.
16) Bronchoscope tray.
17) Nephorocath tray.
D) Procedures done in ICU:- 1) Endo tracheal Intubation
2) Shock / Synchronized shock given through Detebrillator in cardiac arrest patient.
3) Central line insertion.
CVP monitoring by CVP manometer & CVP monitoring kit.
4) Traceostomy under strict aseptic precaution.
5) ICD insertion.
6) Suprapubic puncture
7) Ryles tube insertion.
8) Bronchoscopy done with Bronchoscope under strict aseptic precaution.
9) Pleural Asiration&Ascitic tapping.
10) Liver Biopsy.
12) Pleural Biopsy.
13) Renal biopsy.
14) Lumber puncture.
15) Bone marrow Aspiration.
16) Bone-marrow biopsy.
17) Pericardial Aspiration.
Body donation is an act of Voluntarily donating one's own body after death for the purpose of medical research and education. Because of the gradual advancement in medical field and ever increasing research opportunities, the requirement of cadavers is increasing and so is the need for voluntary body donation. thus voluntary body Donation is definitely a saviour and a ray of hope for the betterment of medical science. The thought that - " i wish to serve the humanity even after my death" - is really of high social and moral value. There is a facility for Voluntary Body Donation in SMBT IMS & RC. Department of Anatomy, SMBT IMS & RC accepts dead bodies to be used for teaching and research. People willing to donate their body after death must discuss about their wish with their immediate family, doctors and other relevant people before making the decision. for detailed information regarding "Body Donation" and the procedure with the relevant forms, please visit following links:-
1. Body Donation awareness Programme
2. मरणोत्तर देहदान माहितीपत्र
3. देहादानाबाबत उपयुक्त माहिती
4. देहदान ईच्छा नोंदणी पत्र
5. मरणोत्तर देहदान प्रतिज्ञापत्
6. ना-हरकत प्रमाणपत्र
The Management, Dean and the Department of Anatomy request you to be a part of this noble cause that will eventually contribute in building a healthy nation.
Contact Person Photo Nos:
SMBT Hospital :- (02553) 282369,366
Dr. Datta B. Nandanvankar :- 9665219872, 7039573432
Radiology & CCL
It has following equipments:
16 SLICE GE CT SCAN-
Special Investigations Offered:
1. CT Angiography (Brain, Pulmonary, Abdominal, Peripheral)
3. CT Guided Biopsy.
4. 3D Reconstruction of CT images.