SMBT Educational Trust was founded in the year 1984. The aim was to provide free education
to children of economically deprived class of the tribal society. Afterwards, a multi-specialty
charitable hospital was started with the sole aim of providing help to rural people in need of
medical care. Over a period of time, the Trust further expanded its charitable activities in the
rural area by starting various educational institutions.
To make SMBT institutions the most respected and trusted group of institutions in the field of health care education, health care training and health care delivery.
- To educate and train our students to provide “fit for purpose” quality health care services to the society they will serve and, in the process, become the most trusted and respected members of the society.
- To make our patients aware about their overall health and deploy all the measures of timely prevention, intervention and timely delivery of quality health care in the most efficient and effective way.
- To address “Learning and Growth” aspirations of our employees and also, address the education and health care needs of the society in general.
Our Social objectives are:
- To work in medical education and research field for betterment and development of rural people.
- To provides medical assistance and any other assistance on humanitacian ground in case of earthquake,cyclone or any other natural calamity anywhere in the countery.
The educational institutes under the umbrella of SMBT trust include:
- SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Nandi Hills
- SMBT Dental College & Hospital, Sangamner.
- SMBT Dental College, Nandi Hills
- SMBT Ayurved College & Hospital, Nandi Hills
- SMBT College of Pharmacy (B Pharm & M Pharm), Nandi Hills
- SMBT Institute of Pharmacy (D Pharm), Nandi Hills
- Jai Hind Tribal School, Kolwade Village, near Sangamner.