Health, as defined by WHO, is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
SMBT Medical College and hospital believes and follows the same motto,
by providing peerless healthcare services at affordable prices,
so that patient’s mental, social and economic condition remains favourable.
For equitable distribution of superior health services, we have uniquely located ourselves in craggy,
tropical mountainous area where most of the population is tribal and unaware of the modern
advancement in medicine. This particular area was completely overlooked in terms of heath facilities.
With the help of our proficient medical team we are constantly improving not
only their health status but their knowledge as well. Our state of the art hospital with more than
700 beds provides excellent patient care with the help of modern machinery, innovation
and dedicated work force. SMBT is widely recognized as largest charitable hospital in northern Maharashtra.
Major Services & Facilities:
The Clinical departments have the responsibility to provide comprehensive and competent specialist care, with the vision that it would not lack behind in providing the needed care in all spheres. Each super specialty department is fully equipped to provide the services it is expected to. The Outpatient clinics of these departments are running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days. The center is equipped to handle patients requiring supporting services with manpower as well as infrastructure. The admitted patients also have the added benefit of these services, on a routine as well as emergency setting for necessary and timely help and prompt management of complications.
- No registration charges for OPD patients.
- Consultation from various specialist on the same case paper.
- No bed and nursing charges for IPD patients.
- Free/affordable generic medicines for IPD patients.
Specialty Services Offered:
- Gynecology & OBS
- Pulmonary Medicine(TB & Chest)
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatrics surgery
- Dialysis department
- Modular Operation theatres
- Facility for endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries
- Surgeries like Joint replacement, Orthoscopy
- Free normal and Cesarean section delivery
- Free immunization as per the immunization schedule
- Blood bank where screened and safe blood is available 24*7
- Fresh Blood components also available
- Round the clock Emergency Services
- 25 bedded Casualty
- 16 Slice CT scan
- 5 Digital X-ray
- Sonography, Mammography, Color Doppler
- Central Clinical Laboratory
- 07 Modular Operation Theatres
- Dedicated CSSD
- 30 bedded state-of-the-art Intensive care Unit
- PICU and NICU
- 24*7 central Pharmacy
- Cardiac Ambulances with ventilator support
- 2 Basic life support ambulances
- Spacious waiting area
- Potable Drinking water
SMBT's IPD is equipped with world-class facilities to make the accommodation of the patients more comfortable and ensure their wellness.
- Advance Cardiac life support for patients of sudden cardiac arrest & cardio-respiratory arrest is done in the casualty.
- Patients in state of shock syndrome (cardiogenic, hypovolemic, neurogenic ) are manage in the casualty by IV fluids/Ionotropic agents & then the patients are shifted to ICU.
- All Patients of emergency management like acute coronary syndrome, acute respiratory distress syndrome, acute kidney injury, acute head injury, cervical cord injury, acute abdomen, GBS, Thrombotic stroke, intracerebral bleed, acute raised hypertension are attended in the casualty & then the Patients are shifted to the ICU.
- All patients of poisoning/snake bite/ burn/ all vehicular, factory or other unnatural accidents / anaphylaxis/ allergic reaction are managed in the casualty & then shifted to the ICU or the respective wards.
- The unconscious patient is managed in the casualty. Hypoglycemia, hypoxia, electrolyte imbalance are treated in the casualty. Differentials are noted and then patients are shifted to the ICU.
- Patients of minor injuries, minor ailments & Patients coming for blood investigations, X-rays, CT-Scan and MRI are treated in the casualty on OPD basis.
- Ten beds are kept in Isolation ward with facilities of monitor, ventilator, O2, SPO2 for the patients of Sine Flue Viral influenza A and other infectious diseases.
A) Emergency Handling in ICU:
- Advance cardiac life support (BLS, ALS) for patients of sudden cardiac arrest & cardio-respiratory arrest is done in ICU.
- eversible causes of sudden cardiac arrest like Acute coronary syndrome, Acute pulmonary embolism pulmonary HTN, Hypovalenia, Xypoxia, Acid-base imbalance, Tentionpneumotherax, toxins, electrolyte imbalance, vascular disorder, cardiac tempodade etc. are treated & managed aggressively.
- Facility available for immediate Thrombolysis for acute STEMI & Acute Non-Hemorrhagic stroke confirmed by CT scan brain, if the patient comes within 4 hrs. of stroke symptoms.
- Emergencies like acute Respiratory distress, Acute COPD, Acute abdomen, Thrombotic / hemorrhagic stroke, Acute Sepsis, Electrical Shock, Meningitis, Snake bite, Drowning, Anaphylaxis, Poisoning etc. are managed & treated in ICU.
- Ventilator for life support:
- Noninvasive (Portable BiPAP< Mask).
- Defibrillator for shock synchronizing shock.
- ECG Machine.
- Suction done by:
- Central Suction.
- Portable Suction / Electrical Suction.
- Foot suction.
- Oxygen given by:
- Central O2.
- Portable O2.
- O2 Concentrator. O2 Cylinder <= Benz Circuit.
- Central Medical Air.
- Emergency trolley with code Blue / Crash cart trolley.
- EtcO2 monitoring Kit.
- CVP/ ABP Monitoring Kit.
- Intracuff Pressure monitoring machine.
- Endotrachial Intubation Kit <= Laryngoscope.
- ICD trocher with Kit.
- Tracheostomy Kit.
- In ICU different- different Airway use according to necessity of patients:
- Endotrachical tube.
- Combitube ( Multilumen esophageal tube)
- Larygeal tube with two lumen.
- Oral Airway
- Nasal Airway
- NRBM (Non-Rebreathable Mask)
- RBM (Re-breatheable Mask)
- Venturi - Mask for COPD pt.
- Nasal Prone.
- Hudson Mask.
- Endotrachical tube.
Many procedure done in ICU, following are list of procedure instrument tray of ICU.
- Central line tray.
- Formal line insertion done.
- ITV insertion done.
- Tracheotomy tray.
- Clinical tray.
- Lumber Puncture tray.
- Pleaural aspiration tray.
- Bone – Biopsy tray / Bone Aspiration / Intra-osseous tray
- Liver – Biopsy tray.
- Ascitic – trapping tray.
- Suprapubic – Puncture tray.
- P.V. Exam tray.
- P. R. Exam tray.
- Enema Tray.
- ICD tray.
- General tray.
- Venesection tray.
- Bronchoscope tray.
- Nephorocath tray.
- Endo tracheal Intubation
- Shock / Synchronized shock given through Detebrillator in cardiac arrest patient.
- Central line insertion.CVP monitoring by CVP manometer & CVP monitoring kit.
- Traceostomy under strict aseptic precaution.
- ICD insertion.
- Suprapubic puncture
- Ryles tube insertion.
- Bronchoscopy done with Bronchoscope under strict aseptic precaution.
- Pleural Asiration&Ascitic tapping.
- P.V. Exam tray.
- P. R. Exam tray.
- ICD tray.
- General tray.
- Venesection tray.
- Bronchoscope tray.
- Nephorocath tray.
- Liver – Biopsy tray.
OT Complex comprise of 07 operation theatres functioning 24 hrs.
The details of infrastructure are as follows-
Total number of O.T. = 07
Pre-operative room with a capacity of = 10 beds
Recovery room with a capacity of = 10 beds
Body donation is an act of Voluntarily donating one's own body after death for the purpose of medical research and education.
Because of the gradual advancement in medical field and ever increasing research opportunities, the requirement of cadavers is increasing and so is the need for voluntary body donation. thus voluntary body Donation is definitely a saviour and a ray of hope for the betterment of medical science.
The thought that - " i wish to serve the humanity even after my death" - is really of high social and moral value.
There is a facility for Voluntary Body Donation in SMBT IMS & RC. Department of Anatomy, SMBT IMS & RC accepts dead bodies to be used for teaching and research.
People willing to donate their body after death must discuss about their wish with their immediate family, doctors and other relevant people before making the decision.
for detailed information regarding "Body Donation" and the procedure with the relevant forms, please visit following links:-
1. Body Donation awareness Programme
2. मरणोत्तर देहदान माहितीपत्र
3. देहादानाबाबत उपयुक्त माहिती
4. देहदान ईच्छा नोंदणी पत्र
5. मरणोत्तर देहदान प्रतिज्ञापत्
6. ना-हरकत प्रमाणपत्र
The Management, Dean and the Department of Anatomy request you to be a part of this noble cause that will eventually contribute in building a healthy nation.
Contact Person Photo Nos:
SMBT Hospital :- (02553) 282369,366
Dr. Datta B. Nandanvankar :- 9665219872, 7039573432
Central Clinical Library:
Facilities and Equipment:The Department of Radio Diagnosis and Imaging of SMBT Medical College and Hospital is a state of the art facility .It was founded in the year 2013.
It has following equipments:
- 16 SLICE GE CT SCAN-
- CT Angiography (Brain, Pulmonary, Abdominal, Peripheral)
- CT Guided Biopsy.
- 3D Reconstruction of CT images.
The dialysis unit at SMBT accommodates the best quality hemodialysis machines to ensure the wellness of our patients.
- Short Wave Diathermy (SWD)
- Ultrasound Therapy (US)
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM)
- Interferential Therapy (IFT)
- Electrical Stimulator
- Traction Machine
- Infra Red Lamp
- 6 Station Multipurpose Gymnasium
- Static Cycle
- Therapeutic Gymnasium Ball’s
- Hand Gripper
- Wax Bath
- Shoulder Wheel
- Wall Ladder
- Balance Board
- Ankle Pumper
- Weight Cuff’s
- Orthopedics Conditions:
- Back Problems
- Sports Injuries
- Hand & Arm Conditions
- Lower Body Conditions
- Other Conditions:
- Neurological Conditions
- Cardio Respiratory Conditions
- Pediatric Conditions
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Conditions
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana
The biomedical department at SMBT is well equipped with tools to dispose of biomedical waste with responsibility.
Dr. Arun B. Tekale (MS Surgery)
It gives me an immense pleasure to express my feeling regarding SMBT Institute of medical sciences and research centre, SMBT Hospital. To the base I congratulate the esteemed trustee members and management personality about their courageous decision to start this institute in such a remote and difficult location. But I feel the start of this institute on date 1 Aug 2012 till today the escalating success and achievement to provide medical services to the people who were far away from this facility.
One more achievement along with this success is connecting fully fledged medical college and research centre to this institute is like “Sone Pe Suhaga” with admission of 150 medical student from Sep 2014.
Thanks to my respected dean, trusties and management personalities giving me a chance as a medical superintendent and choosing me to share their effort towards bright future success.
General Medicine is a base speciality and its assistance is sought by all super specialties. The consultant faculty comprises of highly trained physicians. Department of Medicine runs OPD services on all days for all types of cases. Cases requiring admission are admitted. All types of emergency cases of heart, lung, and neurology are admitted and immediate care is provided. We also deal with all type of poison and medico legal cases. We have facility for emergency monitoring and ventilator management. In addition treadmill and echocardiography facilities are also available and are regularly carried out. Cases required to undergo sophisticated cardiac and neurology surgery are initially admitted in this hospital for basic work up and later for follow up when required. For this facility many patients from West Region of Maharashtra frequent our hospital and make use of the facility with us. Some sophisticated investigations are given at subsided rates. A diabetic specialty clinic is run in the department once a week to centralize treatment, carry out diabetic education and dietary advice from our dietician is provided. Being a teaching hospital we conduct regular clinic and lectures to undergraduate students appearing for MBBS of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. We also conduct postgraduate program leading to Diplomat in National Board for National Board of Examinations. Facilities for superspeciality services of cardiology, neurology and nephrology and the required laboratory are being provided.
The Department of Psychiatry provides comprehensive care for all mental disorders across the life span. It functions like a General Hospital Psychiatry unit (GHPU) with co-ordination & referrals from and to all other departments. It also imparts training to undergraduates & post-graduates in Psychiatry. It has well qualified staff that has varied interests and vast experience. Apart from Psychiatrists, the department consists of Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatric nurses & Social workers and thus follows a multidisciplinary approach for patient care & training. It also has an entire Rehabilitation wing attached that offers appropriate services. The Department of Psychiatry in SMBT Hospital is committed to provide exemplary clinical care, consultation services and treatment, both to inpatients and outpatients, along with crisis and emergency services. We venture to offer integrated, comprehensive psychiatric services that empower individuals to change their lives.
Our clinical mission will integrate biological, psychological, and social approaches in the care of our patients and their families, as it provides the foundation for our teaching and research missions. The department seeks to provide outstanding education and training in Psychiatry to undergraduate medical students and Post graduate trainees and has a very good team of teachers with good experience.
Department of Paediatrics Each unit is headed by a professor and consists of one associate professor, one assistant professor, two senior residents and intern doctors as per the requirements. The department has NICU with 05 beds and PICU with 05 beds each headed by a professor and assisted by associate/assistant professor.
The outpatient department has 4 consultation rooms, a seminar room, demonstration room, play room, immunization room and specialty clinic room.
The patients are admitted to the ward by admitting units. Serious patients are admitted to PICU. One assistant professor and post-graduate students and intern doctors of that particular unit are on duty for 24 hours.
The Department consists of highly experienced and qualified faculty members. Patients get free consultation/admission to the wards. All the other specialty and super specialty consultations including physiotherapy, rehabilitation and speech therapy are available under one roof. The institution has very sophisticated back up laboratory services, radio diagnosis including CT scan and MRI.
General surgery unit of SMBT IMS & RC, contributes major share to culet to surgical patient, equipped with all modern amenities, handled by qualified staff 24×7. We are armed with amenities culeting general surgery along with specialized trauma unit, plastic surgery, oncosurgery, urology, cardiovascular surgery, minimally invasive surgery, all of them handled by expect qualified staff.Services:
To accommodate patients coming from rural area & fairway places, The OPD is available from 9 to 5 pm along with round o clock emergency surgical casually care the hospital and surgery department is thoroughly equipped to diagnose investigate and provide treatment.
The department of surgery is dedicated to tend the wounded and sick patient round the clock. Being a part of teaching medical college the department strives to provide the training and learning opportunity undergraduate students as they are constantly exposed to busy working to surgery department.
The department of surgery is well equipped to treat every surgical patient from rural or urban background. The hospital has all modern diagnostic and therapeutic facilities .we provided services for the patients belonging to General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Oncosurgery, Urology and Oncosurgery. All these services are backed by ultramodern modular major operation theatre complex.
The department caters to surgical patients with five full fledged units headed by qualified teacher surgeons and faculty. That gives students a tremendous opportunity to observe and participate in active patient care.
The Department of Orthopaedics at SMBT Hospital & Research Centre, provides comprehensive care for all orthopedic related problems. The round-the-clock trauma services ensure that not patient is left without care at any point in the day. With 4 units to deal with varied sub-specialties, we ensure full coverage of the spectrum of orthopaedics. We also have dedicated trauma teams at work to take care of all your orthopaedic related complaints.
With fully equipped laminar flow and modular operation theatres and separate trauma complex, we strive for the utmost satisfaction in patient care.
The faculty are recognized as excellent clinicians, providing care for the most difficult problems in orthopaedic surgery. In addition, they are nationally and internationally known through their contributions to literature, along with multiple presentations to their credit at national and international platforms. Multiple research projects in the field of orthopaedics are also underway to help contribute in our quest for knowledge.
The institute also has a fully equipped Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation which works in close co-ordination with the department of orthopaedics for comprehensive care of patients.
Otorhinolaryngology & Head & Neck Dept is Providing comprehensive services in otology, Rhinology &, laryngology & also head & neck cancers through qualified staff round the clock.
Services provided by the Department:
Outpatient services are provided on all the days of the week. All new & old patients are seen on all days & necessary investigations & procedures are done as required. Inpatient services are provided with 15 beds where in, patients are admitted, investigated & treated (if required surgically).
We being a teaching Department, have the best qualified & highly experienced faculty who have served in various major Hospitals. We are providing comprehensive and quality health care in Otorhinolaryngology and have been completely updated as regarding equipments and investigations. We are offering the latest and sophisticated treatment that is available in otorhinolaryngology as on today.
The Department of Ophthalmology has a comprehensive program of patient care that exposes patients to the latest therapies. The Department offers both out-patient services and in-patient services. Our medical faculty is comprised of practitioners in each area of Ophthalmology.
The Department uses state-of-the-art procedures to provide patients with the best possible results and delivers expert care for ocular disorders of children and adults alike. Moreover, as academic clinicians, our faculty works to develop new and better treatment modalities to advance the field of ophthalmology. We provide quality service ad products to patients.
The Ophthalmology Department at SMBT Hospital offers a wide range of outpatient surgical and tertiary services for diseases of the eye and surrounding structures. The Department has faculty trained in the various sub-specialties and is setting up clinics in oculoplasty, cornea service, glaucoma service, paediatric ophthalmology cataract service. The service is provided at no cost to the socio-economically weak patients.
We offer the following services:
- Cataract extraction and IOL implantation free of cost to the poor.
- Oculo plasty including management of lacrimal sac. DCR, DCT.
- Glaucoma diagnosis and treatment.
- Screening of Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Attached Optician service and contact lens clinic.
- Ammnoitic Membrane Graft.
- Squint Correction Surgery.
- Surgery and amniotic menbrance sraft pherygium.
Surgery before the advent of anaesthesia was painful and associated with increased morbidity and mortality.
William Thomas Green Morton in 1846, demonstrated the effects of ether, and introduced anaesthesia to the world.
Over the past 170 years the science of anaesthesiology has progressed at a rapid pace. Surgical outcomes and post-operative analgesia has relieved the patient and has provided pain relief.The anaesthesiologist has gone beyond the confines of the operation theatre. The department is now referred to as the Department of Anaesthesiology, Critical care and Pain care management.
- Anaesthesia for patients.
- General anaesthesia.
- Regional anaesthesia.
- USG guided nerve blocks.
- Conscious sedation.
- Monitored anaesthesia care.
- Critical care services.
- Medical and surgical Intensive care units.
- Adult / paediatric / neonatal care units.
- Providing ventilator management and respiratory care.
- Training in Basic and advanced cardiac care and support.
- Anaesthesia and sedation in remote locations.
- MRI / CT scan departments.
- Cardiac catheterisation labs.
- Medical GI endoscopy rooms.
- ECT therapy in Psychiatry department.
- Training of undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Basics of anaesthesiology for UG students.
Just as Eyes occupy the supreme position amongst the sense organs of the body so also radiology & imaging occupy the same position in the field of modern medicine. The discovery of X-rays started this speciality, which helped clinitians to look into the body without destroying it. This helped in the understanding of the presence of the disease and also the progress of the disease within the body. November 8th: 1895 was the day when the discovery of X-Rays was announced and this is heralded as the first renaissance in the field of Modern Medicine.
In spite of so many advances in the field of Modern Medicine, the invention of the C.T. Scanner is today heralded the Second renaissance in the field of Modern Medicine. Vydehi Medical institution is fortunate to have a department that is upto date is Equipment and infrastructure. Right from inception, the department is proud to have had the latest of equipments in the form of X-Ray machines, C.T. Scanner, M.R.I. Scanner, Ultrasound and Colour Doppler machines, Mammography, X-ray image intensifiers and automatic film processors. This department is completely computerized and has the infrastructure and the clinical capability to undertake any and all investigations that may be required by patients admitted to the hospital. This is probably the first teaching Hospital to start off with all the latest of Gadgetry in the department of Radiology. The department has an interventional radiology section capable of undertaking all modern interventional radiology procedures.
This department from inception is geared to provide teaching facilities for Under Graduate students, Post graduate students of all branches and also to graduate courses in Nursing and Dental Sciences.
Department of OBG is a major clinical department with qualified and experienced faculty consisting of professors, and assistant professors. The department has outpatient facilities on all days in a week and has 24 hrs emergency services all days. There are a clean labour room, septic labour room, obstetric intensive care unit and major operation theatre and a minor operation theatre. For the students demonstration room, seminar hall and a library is provided in the department.
Services Provided by the Department:
Twenty four hours delivery facilities with intrapartum foetal monitoring are available on all days. Out patients services on all days of the week. Speciality clinics on all the days as mentioned below:
- Cancer screening clinic.
- Antenatal clinic.
- Postnatal clinic.
- Family planning clinic.
- MTP clinic.
- Infertility Clinic.
Obstetrics and Gynaecology:
Management of High Risk Pregnancy Major Gynaec surgeries, Conservative and Radical Surgeries, Caesarean section, family planning surgeries, tubal recanalisation, laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, vaginal recanalization , urogynaecologic surgeries , infertility evaluation etc. are done.
Gynae onco surgeries:
Radiation therapy :- Teletherapy- IGRT/IMRT, Brachytherapy – Intracavitary / Interstitial using image based planning Sites – cervix, endometrium, vagina & Vulva Chemotherapy for Ovarian cancers.
A Healthy skin for a smart personality.
1. To train the post graduate to master the skills of clinical examination and to apply the knowledge in the diagnosis of skin and systemic diseases.
2. To train post graduates to master the diagnostic skills of dermatology, leprosy and STD.
The department provides a wide range of services by highly trained personnel to the patients ranging from diagnostic, therapeutic and cosmetic problems. Some of the services are listed below:
The department has a well-equipped laboratory in addition to the central lab in the hospital. Various special diagnostic investigations like skin biopsies, staining techniques (for fungus, bacterial, viral and leprosy disorders), DGI, patch testing, etc. are being carried out.
Besides providing inpatient care this department also provides other specialized therapeutic services in the form of CO2 Laser, Phototherapy, Punch graft, Microdermabrasion/ dermabrasions, Electrocautery, Radiofrequency, Cryotherapy and other minor surgical procedures.
Procedures like facial rejuvenation, chemical peeling, Microdermabrasion and chemical cautery are also being carried out.
SMBT Hospital is involved in various in-house and outreach free of cost medical camps, which motivates the locals to get treated for specific diseases. Above photographs are from a Pediatric Heart treatment & surgery camp at our hospital, in which 20 underprivileged children suffering from congenital heart diseases were undergone interventional as well as open heart surgeries free of cost.
We have called acclaimed Pediatric cardiologists from India & abroad, to performed difficult & rare heart surgeries in this part of Maharashtra, where poor and tribal people lack basic knowledge about healthcare & its advancements. Above photograph is also one example of our commitment to the community when we called Dr. Lan Hue from Vietnam and done 27 complex congenital device closers in just 2 days, “device closer is a process of closing the ventricular, Arterial septal defects.”
Blood donation camps are routine activity in our blood bank, we motivate local leaders and prominent people of the society to arrange blood donation camps, Hospital officials and staff also voluntarily donate blood for the needful patients.
Medical & Blood donation camp in a Remote village in Shahpur, Hon. MLA visited the camp and appreciated SMBT Hospital for organizing medical camps in such remote & tribal villages.
SMBT Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center
Get in Touch with us
PHONE+91 2553 282353, +91 2553 282354
FAX+91 2553 282300
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org